About

Welcome to my travel blog! This page will be including all things travel related, which will involve documenting all of my mad adventures on this blog, when I can. Conquering the world, one continent at a time!!!

Countries Travelled

100 days of Cherry...

17:39 Unknown 0 Comments

Well hello my internet minions, it's been a long time since I've updated, a lot has changed since I last written, and for that I apologise, it's been crazy mental here, the run ups to my vacation I was buried in so much paperwork for school, I even spent my birthday doing just work, I'm 24 now, 
I still keep forgetting that, stupid stupid Cherry. 


Scarlett and I
It's now the night before I return to work and to say the least I am not dreading it as much as I thought I would be, but I am hardly jumping for joy either. I've had an adventurous week meeting up with various friends, doing various things as you do, nothing particularly out of the ordinary, drinking and partying, shopping, eating out and chilling with the best people I know in Korea. I got paid early so I went shopping and sent out a few packages which was on my to do list for a long time, mum if you're reading this, prepare for the huge box coming your way this week! That same day I went to Sul bing with Scarlett and we did some shopping in downtown then we went to Lotte Department store which by the way is the best place in the world!!!!! Lotte is the hugest department store in Gwangju according to Scarlett. It was freaking amazing they had a lush there A FREAKIN LUSH!, Benefit, Makeup forever which is near impossible to find in England unless you know where to look ;), Clarisonic!!! Yes I will be purchasing a clarisonic next month!!!! plus all the other typical designer brands everyone knows and love with some other well known high end brands Koreans are more familiar with and also some other high end American brands too! It was down right incredible, I had goosebumps walking around that store because It felt so much like home!!!! Afterwards we visited U square bus terminal and then Shinsegae department store which again was awesome but Lotte definitely had the wow factor!
Mango and Cheesecake Dessert

My birthday cake with candles that say I am 25 (korean age)

Looking back a bit further I spent the Friday and Saturday just before my birthday with my sister we went out for dinner followed by some drinking and dancing on the Friday and stayed out until about 2.30am maybe??  We played pool, jenga, Russian roulette and I suddenly became appointed as the "DJ" of the bar that night which was a lot of fun I must say. In the usual Cherry fashion I got talking to lots of different people that night just because I am just a very social person. I met some guys from the UK, yes! You read that right from ENGLAND and SCOTLAND, Lincoln and Glasgow to be precise. It's nice to listen to people from back home talk, I kinda have started picking up the Americanised English due to the lack of Britishness!!!! After the nigh
t we headed home to mine we lit the candles, had birthday cake and popped party poppers. The cake was gorgeous it was a beautiful blueberry and yogurt cake from Paris Baguette which got totally devoured after two  days in my fridge.

Then on Saturday I spent it with Jest doing what I do best, drinking and dancing!!!!! We went to German bar then we discovered this new place which was this secret hidden gem of a bar, the bar owners are super kind and welcoming, they have a cute beagle which was wondering around the bar and on the bar itself wanting to be fed with its adorable puppy dog eyes. Jest and I drank an array of concoctions with a side of Korean sweet snacks and frozen blueberries, which mostly the dog ate because I just couldn't resist feeding him. Then we hit the usual club. As always time with Jest is always time I appreciate and enjoy. He is probably one of the nicest, most kindest of my male friends. Everyone loves the Jestmeister!

Oh yeah during this time I also took it upon myself to do the Fire noodle challenge, which I had to film twice thinking I lost the footage the first time around, (video at the end of this post.) I also tried Orange soju and Pomegranate soju which are yummy, I will be trying blueberry soon! Trust me just because it's sweet do not underestimate it's potency!

To conclude it has been a busy but fun time off for summer I just wish I had travelled somewhere :( I can't believe I have been here just over 100 days already!!! Time is flying by!!!!

Thought of the day: Which flavored soju is your favorite?

Heres the video for anyone who wants to see me eating fire noodles!


0 comments: